Anyhow, I am proud to inform my readers (All two of you. Hi Mom.) that I now make a banana bread with my spotted reject bananas every week or so. It has been so great for breakfast and because I perfected my recipe, it is really easy to make. Yay!
Before you do anything put your three bananas into a gallon sized ziplock bag and squish them until there are no lumps bigger than the size of a pea. When it's time to add the bananas you just cut the corner off of the bag to get the bananas out without any mess at all.
Note: Banana squishing is a good job to give to children who like to attach themselves to your legs whenever they sense you have any sort of task that you need to accomplish.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8x5 loaf pan.
- Mash bananas until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix!
- Add banana by gently stirring it in. Again, don't over mix. It will make your bread tough and it won't rise as well if you do.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
You can use whole wheat flour if you want but it may change the texture of the bread. We like to toast slices of banana bread and put butter or cream cheese on it for added un-health.