Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Little baby, big mess


Over the past five months Colin and I have really enjoyed the world of being parents. We think that our baby is cuter than all other babies, we have an unhealthy obsession with Ben's poo (consistency, texture, regularity, etc.), Ben has been sleeping through the night since he was ten weeks old, I can't stop buying baby clothes (we may look like bums but Ben is one well dressed lad), and our hearts are full to the brim with love for our new lil guy. I would say that we have no complaints but that would be a lie I have one...

One complaint that is, CLUTTER. Yes clutter, and the worst kind of all, baby clutter. I feel as though baby clutter can only be related effectively to a disease. It starts out small, unobtrusive even but over time it grows into a huge pulsating mess of tiny socks and large primary colored toys. We began with a dresser of clothes, a crib and a bouncy seat. That didn't last long. Ben needed a swing, and a stroller, and a garish play mat with a billion dangling toys, next the mother of all eyesores...The exersaucer. For those of you who aren't familiar with these monstrosities, please see the picture above


I am not sure if there is a solution to this problem, and to be honest, if it makes Benjamin happy, then we'll do whatever it takes. But I will say, Ben, you can have your A.D.D. causing exersaucer, but I draw the line at a bounce house. Period, paragraph!

No comments: